Friday, August 3, 2007

Diving, diving and more diving!!

Ok, let's face it!! I get extremely annoying when I put an idea in my head. I'm very stubborn and I focus too much on things that shouldn't receive that much focus.

My lovely flatmates, Paula and Bettina had to hear about my idea of going SCUBA diving for 7 weeks until I did it and then another 3 weeks after (I firmily believe that I drove Paula insane and that's why she moved out!!). Aright, it was something that I wanted to do for 12 years of my life, mind you I'm only 26 so it's almost half of my life, but does anyone spend 4 weeks deciding between 2 wet suits or which fins should get or which colour of the mask would go better with the wetsuit and the fins that it hasn't been decided yet which to get? I get excited with these little things. I love the preparation, the enthusiasm of starting something new, the changes in life. I embrace it all!!

My next 'challenge' is to go shark diving!! I love sharks, I want to be a shark Biologist. Sharks are everywhere in my bedroom, I've got a tiger shark tattoo in my waist (Lélly) and I have a stuffed tigger shark called Johnny which by the way, my lovely friend B loves to bitch slap!! Poor B, she's already putting up with my insane ideas of scuba diving AGAIN!!!!

If I survive this shark dive, which is a birthday present to myself, I promise to put a photo and annoy you with the tale. In the mean time, I leave you with this photo of me swimming away from a Bull Shark!!

3 comments:

MYSTIC said...

Swimming away from sharks is not a good idea. Keep your eye on them and let them swim away..Get a Bang Stick. Nice meeting you too.

Bettina said...

So now we finally know the true reason why Paula moved out! Interesting. Well, I must be pretty tough. And as long as I can punch Johnny in the face every once in a while, I don't mind sticking around and listening to a few more shark stories. I know you love it.

MYSTIC said...

Biggest shark I ever caught was a 15ft Hammerhead...in Pensacola Bay. I was in a 10ft John boat. Looking down into the eye of that size creature and realizing that it is looking at you like a snack gives one pause.